Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First Sunday Hit of the YR!


*********** # 625 **************
PokerStars Game #58792926651: Tournament #409010597, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXII (40000/80000) - 2011/03/07 13:29:05 CCT [2011/03/07 0:29:05 ET]
Table '409010597 116' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: sms9231 (1602790 in chips)
Seat 2: ynd! (1472509 in chips)
Seat 7: riverpleeze (2521720 in chips)
Seat 9: OMGitshunt (2447981 in chips)
sms9231: posts the ante 8000
ynd!: posts the ante 8000
riverpleeze: posts the ante 8000
OMGitshunt: posts the ante 8000
sms9231: posts small blind 40000
ynd!: posts big blind 80000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ynd! [Ah 7c]
riverpleeze: folds
OMGitshunt: folds
sms9231: raises 1514790 to 1594790 and is all-in
ynd!: calls 1384509 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (130281) returned to sms9231
*** FLOP *** [6s 2s 2h]
bazbite [observer] said, "7"
*** TURN *** [6s 2s 2h] [6h]
*** RIVER *** [6s 2s 2h 6h] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
sms9231: shows [5s Ac] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
ynd!: shows [Ah 7c] (two pair, Sixes and Deuces)
sms9231 collected 2961018 from pot
ynd! finished the tournament in 4th place and received $18675.00.
twming [observer] said, ".. "
*** SUMMARY ***

Came into Sunday hoping to score a big one (felt great to follow through and do what I set out to do). Up to this pt this yr, was struggling quite a bit on Sundays- many many -$2k days. The hand above was a HUGE DIFFERENCE. One card to go, I am 11% chance to win (5 cards), 7% to lose (3 cards), 82% CHOP (36 cards). And that river 5 just had to come; knock me out. Otherwise, say if I won, I would've been CHIP LEADER with 3 people to go, playing for a lot more. But as with most things in life, nothing is 100%. Shiiit happens. 真的沒辦法.

Pretty happy overall anytime I can score an $18k payday. Just hope I can build on this and kick start my year. I've done crappy in MTTs (so many lost coin flips and bad beats haha like really bad ones for a lot of chips- AA < AQ kind of crap); and I've done decent in SNGS. I'm well ahead of pace for SNE, but slightly behind my pace for 1.5 MILL vpp (need to have mindsight for more). It's so hard some days; want to live a regular life outside of poker, but playing so much poker is absolutely taxing on my mind/body (esp with the night shift in Asia for tournaments). I literally HAVE TO play everyday (at least 10-15+ hrs a day).

Just gotta keep up the hard work, stay disciplined and focused...
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but two things I'm great at: 1) working my ass off + 2) balls to go after what I want.

我今年一定要成功! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment